Monday 12 September 2011

....hmmm, its been a while

Looks like I haven't been publishing a lot of post lately, but that's only because I've been trying to figure out a better system the last 2 months. Sadly I'm still working on it, but I believe I'm getting closer to my holy grail here.
I've found a couple indicators that SEEM to be doing the trick, but I've only looked back to the past to determine the profitability of these indicators. I've been fooled before with indicators that re-paint themselves (those are very disappointing moments), so I can't say for sure that what I got is going to work the way I want it to.
I should be doing this in a demo account, but I tend to put little pressure on myself on finding the best entry point on demo accounts, and instead just jump in all willy-nilly. So I'm going to use a real account on very small volumes. I've done a few so far, but I'm still not completely satisfied (I go on daily charts). I have a strange suspicion that one of my main indicators changes its mind to look better. The indicator is an Adaptive Kaufman Moving Average (KAMA) set at a very fast setting:  fast = 1, slow = 11. I chose this setting because of another indicator that I use that has the same settings, and gives very reliable entry points. This other indicator is called EMA Crossover (this indicator, however, will change it's mind and remove its alert if the price moves in the opposite direction of the previous close; now use it only for the alert sound it gives off).
I also have another KAMA with standard settings: fast = 8, slow = 21. This give me an overall idea of market direction, as well as providing a couple good entry points.

I have a score of indicators on both of my computers right now. Each of which have a very responsive display (zero lag on a couple of them), and seem to provide very good entry points.But what seems perfect often ends up being less so, or not at all.
Dam delusions of grandeur!